One of my favorite things to do is wear shirts that inspire me to accomplish my goals every day, and to feel great about myself while doing that! My dear friend Nicole got me this shirt at a Sara Bareilles concert and it is a go-to for me. I feel brave every time I wear it!
Another great habit to get into if you’re feeling down about yourself or your appearance is to find your favorite quotes online and handwrite them on sticky notes. Even the process of writing them out can contribute to a great body image day. Post them all over your house – on your mirrors, your bookshelves, your computer, your TV, everywhere! You’ll feel a little crazy at first, but after a while, you’ll look forward to reading those motivators every day. And people who visit your home will take something positive with them. The notes above were posted at my desk at work at my last job, and I just found them again! Here are some other great positive thoughts to kick off your sticky note collection:
- When I believe in myself, so do others.
- I am my own unique self – special, creative and wonderful.
- I am the perfect weight for me.
- I choose to make positive, healthy choices for myself.
- I am more than good enough and I get better every day.
- I give up the right to criticize myself.
- I adopt the mindset to praise myself.
- I see the perfection in all my flaws and all my genius.
- I full approve of who I am, even as I get better.
- Loving myself heals my life. I nourish my mind, body and soul.